How I Named My Blog

Being a poet and an occasional pun-ster, the "Not on the Road" title is multi-layered. First, it was a response to old Jack K's "On the Road," since I'm definitely not he. Also, I've moved around a bit throughout my life (like in the last two and a half years!), and I'm sick of being ON the road. And of course, being an animal lover and very active in dog rescue work, I don't like seeing animals, wild or domestic ON the road, dead or alive.

Search This Blog



Monday, March 30, 2009

I'm doing that thing where you walk into a room and go blank. "Cleared RAM" as I call it.

But I know why I'm lost in this whole packing and sorting ordeal.

It's like someone has given me a 5,000 piece jigsaw puzzle, and I have to have it completed by a certain date. Naturally, I'm first looking for all the pieces with a straight edge or two so I can put the border together. I need that boundary that says, "Everything else goes in here somewhere." But finding those boundary pieces is one tough task at this point, because 5,000 puzzle pieces is one heck of a lot!

I have got some boxes set up and labeled: Seth, Emz, Jennifer, Operation Care, Immediate (stuff I'll need right away when I get to the farm), S&L (store & lock unit), and a corner of the living room is becoming Yard Sale Central. This at least is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment