How I Named My Blog

Being a poet and an occasional pun-ster, the "Not on the Road" title is multi-layered. First, it was a response to old Jack K's "On the Road," since I'm definitely not he. Also, I've moved around a bit throughout my life (like in the last two and a half years!), and I'm sick of being ON the road. And of course, being an animal lover and very active in dog rescue work, I don't like seeing animals, wild or domestic ON the road, dead or alive.

Search This Blog



Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pieces are falling into place.

I'm starting to get excited about the move, but the last few weeks have been extremely busy.

We canned the yurt idea, because they've gotten so trendy, they are too expensive. I won't be in a tent either, because I bought a 24' camper trailer that I can use for storage after the cottage is built.

The cottage will be a 12 X 24 single room with a loft, and a 6 X 12 front porch. I'll turn the front porch into a solarium to collect passive solar heat during the winter, and I'm building two solar heat collectors for the 2 windows that will be on the south side of the cottage.

Yard Sale with Annie Jones here at my place is this coming Friday and Saturday. I've got to get my act together and get things sorted out and priced. I sure do hope I make a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment